Dry skin is a common problem wherein the skin does not retain enough water to stay hydrated. You see it as flakes and itchy patches in your skin. According to MedicineNet, older people are more likely to have this problem because we lose our natural oils as we grow older; however, people exposed to pollution, direct sunlight, and a variety of chemicals may also suffer from this condition.
It’s not just enough that you apply moisturizer to restore hydration. You have to start healing and hydrating the skin from a deeper layer. This is why intensive moisturizing products were created: to provide deeper hydration, repairing dry and damaged skin from within.
Origani Philippines’ Gods’ Nectar Cupuacu Oil Intensive Mask is said to do just that – improve the skin’s ability to absorb water and stay hydrated for longer periods. The cream mask features 12 essential oils and natural extracts whose benefits we will get to shortly, and Origani boasts its ingredients to be 83% certified organic. Its most notable ingredient is Cupuacu butter, which is the formula’s main ingredient.
Let’s go through the ingredients that make this intensive mask so effective. I’ll start with the 12 essential oils and natural extracts:
- Rosehip oil is known to be rich in essential fatty acids – Omega 3, 6 and 9. These fatty acids hydrate the skin and help reduce the appearance of discolorations, burns, and scars.
- Jojoba seed oil is a known moisturizer rich in Vitamins E and B complex. It also has the ability to fight fungi and infections.
- Grape seed extract is rich in antioxidants like flavonoids, linoleic acid and phenolic procyanidins, which help reduce skin damage and prevents sunburn.
- Cornflower extract has antifungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It also has cooling and toning effects.
- Chamomile flower extract is famed for its soothing and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lemon peel oil is an astringent that detoxifies and rejuvenates dull skin. It also has antiseptic properties that help reduce your pimples and other skin disorders.
- Lavender serves as a disinfectant and provides a nice, relaxing aroma.
- Babassu oil is rich in antioxidants like Vitamin E and phytosterols that serve as anti-inflammatory agents.
- Rice bran oil serves as a deep moisturizer thanks to its rich Vitamin E and fatty acid content.
- Elderberry extract is rich in anti-aging and free-radical fighting agents that keep your skin looking youthful and radiant.
- Passion fruit seed oil is rich in Vitamin A and potassium, and is a natural antibacterial and anti-itch agent. This makes it perfect for acne-prone skin.
- Mandarin orange extract is rich in Vitamin C, which serves as an antioxidant. It also helps clear blemishes and treats marks and spots on your skin.
The real star of the show, however, is Cupuacu butter. Origani in the Philippines boasts that the ingredient is grown in the northern region of Brazil and rarely found anywhere else. It is also said to have a high capacity of water absorption, something that you will notice at once when you first lather the mask onto your face. Origani claims it is “240% superior to lanolin and some sterols of animal and vegetable origins,” thus making it more effective at giving skin hydration that lasts.
What makes Cupuacu butter a wonder ingredient is its composition. Cupuacu is rich in phytochemicals that fight dryness and heal damaged skin. It also contains caffeine, which is a known antioxidant that fights free radicals known to damage and age your skin further. Finally, Cupuacu butter is rich in fatty acids, both saturated and unsaturated. It is made up of four main acids: stearic acid, which is known for its lubricating qualities and is used widely in soap and cosmetics production; oleic acid, which gives the mask its rich, thick emulsion consistency; palmitic acid, which serves as another lubricant and emulsifier; and arachidic acid, which is another lubricant. These four fatty acids give Cupuacu butter its soft and rich consistency as a solid while making it an easy ingredient to use as a liquid because it melts easily. These characteristics make it easy for the skin to absorb the moisture offered by Cupuacu butter.
Ease of usage
The mask is easy to use and Origani Philippines’ instructions are straightforward: “Smooth a fine layer onto damp skin of face, avoiding eye area. Rest for approximately ten minutes then rinse thoroughly with warm water. Follow with Gods’ Nectar Day Cream or Night Cream. Apply once weekly or when skin is feeling uncomfortably dry or stressed.” The cream is rich and thick, and this is one of those products where a little bit goes a long way; that is, you don’t need a thick layer for you to feel its moisturizing effects after rinsing it off. I held back on one of my serums when I tried this intensive mask to make sure my face wouldn’t be overwhelmed with too much product.
Now comes a point of contention for me: the pricing of this mask. Origani is selling this as part of a premium line of hydrating products especially formulated for dry skin. It’s on the expensive side of the spectrum when you look at the size of the green jar the Gods’ Nectar Cupuacu Oil Intensive Mask comes in. However, it did effectively moisturize even the most stubborn dry spots on my face, and as I’ve mentioned earlier a little bit of this mask goes a long way.
Is it good enough to replace professional treatments at a clinic? It’s worth the money if you want a solution you can apply at the comfort of your own home without complicated instructions. It will be an investment in skin care, but since you don’t have to apply it every day, a jar should last you at least a couple of months if you use it weekly. I think it can be as good as professional treatments with continued use.
People with dry skin will find Origani Philippines’ Gods’ Nectar Cipuacu Oil Intensive Mask a highly effective solution to their skin problems. It’s not for everyone – it’s for people who are willing to make an investment in premium quality skin care products that leverage organic ingredients to deliver excellent results. Origani’s mask delivers on its promise: it hydrates well, heals broken dry skin and helps your skin retain moisture over time.
Here places where you can find some of Origani Philippines’ kiosks in Metro Manila: